Thursday, May 1, 2014

And a new chapter begins...

Wow, I can't believe it's been two years since I last posted. Time has flown by and so much has happened since. For those that follow me on Facebook, you'' know that the past few years have been filled with highs and lows and a lot of crazy experiences.

I thought now was a good time to resurrect this blog as next week a new addition is coming into my life who is going to change everything. A few years ago I started researching Assistance Dogs and started the process of applying for one. I was accepted into the program by Assistance Dogs New Zealand, an awesome organization that trains dogs for New Zealanders with disabilities. (Check out their website here: http://www.assistancedogstrust.org.nz). They are run off donations and do an amazing job improving the lives of New Zealanders with a whole range of disabilities.

I received a phone call on Monday to say that my Assistance Dog, Connie, is ready to move into my house. I still can't really believe it. I'm so excited to start training with her and to see where our lives will take us.  I'll hopefully do a new post once she's here to update y'all on how things are going and how she's settling in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment